Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Referral!

Yesterday we got the phone call that we have been waiting for for a long time. Our agency called us to tell us that there was a precious 3-4 month old little boy that was in need of a home.

The miracles that surrounded yesterday were so sweet. Jack was working out of town and called me early in the morning to tell me that he had forgotten to take his medicine that he needs to take each morning. As a result, he was going to have to come back to town early.

I was on the phone with a friend when I noticed I had an incoming call. When I answered, the director of our agency asked me, "Is this a good time to talk about a baby." "Of course," I said!

As soon as I got off of the phone with our agency, I called Jack and wouldn't you know that he was just pulling into town. How sweet it was for him to be home so that we could read our referral email together and get to see the first picture of our little one together as well.

I don't think that we have ever had a day like yesterday....I think we felt every emotion in the book. Extreme joy and excitement while at the same time extreme sorrow and loss. That is the thing about adoption - our joy has been another person's sorrow, either due to poverty, sickness, death the list goes on and on. Today, if you are prompted, say a prayer for not only the children that are awaiting forever families, but also the birth families of these children.

Today I praise God that He is the Father to the Fatherless and the Defender of the Widow....that His love is pure....that He sets the lonely in families....and that He is our Ancient of Days!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

We continue to praise our Father and adoption loving God and King for baby M and your referral! I think that as I thought about your yesterday I went through all those emotions too! Huge joy because of huge sorrow. Truly God was leading you to baby M from the start:) and His timing is perfect! WOW! So amazing!